Menu

Monday, September 23, 2013

OUR THIRD WEDDING ANNIVERSARY AND VISIT TO THE VIZCAYA MUSEUM & GARDENS

On September 11, my husband and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary. The truth is that since we went to St. Barths as a holiday to celebrate it, we had nothing planned (or so I thought). Savy suddenly surprised me by asking me to wear comfortable shoes because we were going to a mistery site (yay!).

Upon entering with the car, I was immediately transported to Italy...gardens everywhere, statues, and in the center of everything, a magestic home. It's called the Vizcaya Museum and Garden. I honestly had no idea that something like this existed in Miami, and if you live here or are just visiting I recommend you to come and spend a romantic day in this spectacular mansion that was built between 1914-1922.

 Here I show you a photo tour of our adventure...


One of the things that made ​​me sad is that I'm not going to be able to show you the interior of the house, as they do not allow pictures to be taken indoors. The decor is super ornate and ostentatious, it seems like you got in a time capsule to the eighteenth century, which I have always been fascinated with. I am one of those with a snow white complex, that dreams of coming out to a garden like this, sing and have tons of squirrels surrounding me and sitting on my lap haha! Whenever I visit a place like Vizcaya it's impossible not to make up a story in my head and try to really feel like you were there when the big parties happened, when they had tea rooms, no TV or internet and people sat in their gardens to read *sigh*...I'm an eternal romantic .















The only thing I recommend is that you go early in the morning or late in the afternoon when the sun goes down a bit, because it gets really hot! When we were there it was cloudy and that helped a lot (not so much for photos), but we could walk around the gardens without suffocating. There are still segments that they haven't finished renovating, as they do so in stages, but it's so big that there are many lovely spaces that can be visited.











My green spots section is to guide you in finding inspiring outdoor spaces, restaurants that offer healthy, organic, vegetarian/vegan options, farmer's markets, and how to find places that support a natural, ecological and organic lifestyle anywhere you are or travel to. I hope you liked the phototour!

After our visit, we went to a thai restaurant in Miami Beach that I love called Khong River House (next time I go I'll prepare a post with photos and details), which has several delicious vegetarian options, which in Miami is not very easy to get. Savy and I shared the vegetarian thai boran salad (romaine, endive, corn, grilled oyster mushrooms, steamed pumpkin and taro) and I ordered the dish that drives me crazy in love at this restaurant, burmese curry noodles with tofu.

 
If you want to visit the beautiful Vizcaya Museum , here are the address:


3251 South Miami AvenueMiami , Florida 33129
Tickets: Adults: $15, kids: $6
www.vizcaya.org

If you know places in Miami that you would like for me to cover in this section, don't hesitate to make your recommendations in the comments!

With Love, 
Romina
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment